One of the “project-key” objectives is to foster collaboration among national authorities with Bio X Parc operated in Morocco (start carrying out pilot projects Marrakech), with the view to facilitate (promote) the sharing of experiences, progressively setting up an world capacity in terms of network research centre Bio X Parc.
The project of Bio X Parc is a transnational in nature. This characteristic can present added complexity, involving different jurisdictions and multiple procurement authorities, placing further pressure on governments (and creating additional risks), as the private sector does not expect to have to resolve jurisdictional issues. If the Private sector has to resolve such issues, it will begin to question the level of public sector commitment to the project.
For the purposes of the unsolicited bid review process, meaningful private sector involvement will be interpreted as follows for each of the five structural elements:
- Design: the Private sector will be responsible for all or almost design activities
- Build: the Private sector will be responsible for all or almost construction activities
- Operate: the Private sector will be responsible for all or almost all activities related to the operation of the infrastructure asset.
- Maintain: the Private sector will be responsible for all or almost all maintenance of the infrastructure asset.
- Finance: the Private sector will be responsible for arranging private financing that will be used to ensure performance during the construction and/or maintaining/operating period of the project.